Saturday, March 29, 2014

a haute mess signing off

As I sit here with my morning cup of coffee, and get caught up on my latest Canadian fashion bloggers, I come across Niki Blasina's {A Haute Mess} post for the day.... she is leaving the blogging world! What!!!! Her and A Haute Mess will no longer be making daily post on http://www.ahautemess.ca/. She referred to this decision as a |break up|; as she has been able to form a relationship with her readers over the years. This break up however, is not ending on bad terms... it is simply ending because it is time....

 Picture from A Haute Mess blog page http://www.ahautemess.ca/

After reading this I continued my investigation into why Niki has decided it is time to move on, and what exactly she is going to be doing with all her “free time”. I re-routed myself to her new website, got her email, and attempted to contact her to see if I could get some one on one information, or even some tips and tricks to make it in the ‘Blogging World’. I have yet to hear back from her, as I am sure she got many email inquiries regarding her decision, as well as I  know she is probably very busy with her business and personal life.

A Haute Mess is... was as Canadian based fashion blog that was listed as one of the top fashion blogs in Canada by MSN in 2010, and has been in magazines around the world such as FASHION, FLARE, VOGUE Paris, and Seventeen. The writer Niki Blasina is Canadian born, but currently living and working in “ The Big Apple” (NYC). Niki has a degree in Journalism, Psychology and an Associate Certificate for PR (Public Relations).

Niki is “a fashion, sports, politics, entertainment, and travel enthusiast, a Canucks fan, and a Mario Kart title holder” as stated in ‘About’ on her blog, and I and wishing her all the best in all her new endeavours and future opportunities.

My question to you is...

{ How or when do you know it is time to end a good relationship, hobby, job, or blog? }

Xo
K.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment