Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 1st

Canadian living... it is April 1st, and when I went outside today I was greeted with 17 degree weather, beautiful cherry blossom trees, tulips, dandelions, dog walkers, joggers, tennis players, and children playing in the local parks. This is a far cry from what they are experiencing on the East Coast.... Blizzards, snow warnings, wind warnings, school closure, and city (town) closures.


 

With spring presenting its self in full force on the West Coast, and ol'man winter is still visiting the East, where would you rather be spending you early spring days?
 
I am born and bred in the most southern point of Canada {Ontario} and I have been subject to long bone chilling winters, and short but humid summers all my life. Although I wouldn't change any of that for the world, it has been a pleasant treat to be able to experience a mild  MILD winter, and an early spring this year. Since I stay in constant contact with my family on the East Coast, I realized how blessed I am not to have to go to the store and stock up for a possible lock in and power outage during the fist official weeks of spring, let alone the fist week of April! How is our dearest Mother Nature playing this game with us?  
 
{How are you spending your "spring days"?} 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment